Sunday, August 27, 2006

Holy Crap, It Worked!!

So, this would be "Luckiest Man In The World, Part 2."



A young man in his senior year in high school, named Daniel Dibley, of Bathurst, Australia, has joined the ranks of Those Who Are Legendâ„¢.



After deciding that the girls in his school didn't exactly "motivate" him for a date for his senior prom, he decided to aim high. After all, who is he to settle for normal mortal women? Hah! not someone like Mr. Dibley.



So, with great creativity and flair, he got out pen and paper, and wrote a letter to Jennifer Hawkins, asking her to be his date to his prom.



Oh, wait. Don't tell me you don't recognize the name?



I meant to say, Miss Universe 2004, Jennifer Hawkins. (link goes to wikipedia SWEET JESUS Image)



Sorry I forgot that little tidbit.



You can guess from the fact that I'm blogging this that she said yes.



The best part? Mr. Dibley, demonstrating that what women really want is arrogance in a man, regardless of age, money, or physical attractiveness, said in his letter that being his prom date would be an honor...



...for HER.



Mr. Dibley, I salute you. You've restored my faith in the power and majesty of bloated egos worldwide.



Why the hell didn't I think of this?!?



[*Edited to add: Somehow, this completely skipped my mind.*]



Come to Butthead.