Friday, August 04, 2006

I Was Gonna Do A Big Long Political Rant...

...filled topful of sarcasm and fury, but my mother-in-law is coming to visit tomorrow, which, although she is a great lady and I actually like her quite a bit, kinda has me on edge and twitchy, because it's the first time she's been in our new shitty apartment.



Fortunately, she's going to CSC's sister's shitty apartment first, which has us breathing a sigh of relief; 2 kids plus a husband on the night shift means that apartment is way worse than ours, 24-7. Ours is just cluttered - we have furniture for a two bedroom apartment, in a one-bedroom.



So, when she gets here, our place should look great!



She won't be here long,  just a couple of hours and dinner, but that doesn't mean we don't want everything to go well. CSC hasn't seen her mom in quite a while, and this is the first time she will be meeting me - since CSC and I have been together, we've been separated from either of our families by a lonnnnnng way - first hers, while she was with me in Texas, and now mine, since we're in Pennsylvania.



I refuse to use the postal code to describe this state. "Where are you from?" "PA" "WTF?" No-one else, anywhere, does that. Massachusetts people don't do that, and their state's name rolls off the tongue with even more leaden eloquence than does "Pennsylvania," so I'm not sure I understand WTF the reason is for that.



Must be a local thing.



Anyway, wish me luck with The Dreaded In-Law! Despite the fact that she's actually a nice lady.