Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You Were Warned:

And now my no doubt HIGHLY OFFENSIVE post about the Middle East, and the situation over there, is live.



You can read it here.



I don't trust 360's feed control to actually update anytime soon, so there you go.



You should know that I have, and will continue to, come right out and said what no-one else is willing to commit themselves to, and you will no doubt knee-jerk that I am an evil person and should be shunned.



I don't care.



If you want to comment, in Blogger (which I prefer, as that's where the article is,) or here, if you're more comfortable with 360, go right ahead.



If you comment in Blogger it may take a bit for your comments to appear, as I have to accept them. I will do so, regardless of what you post; this is just to keep out spammers, which I noticed quite a bit when I first started blogging there.



I'm sure most of the people who read this article will fire off responses without actually thinking about the things I said; this is sad, but common.



I really wish you'd think about it, though. I would be glad to clarify, if you think I wasn't clear enough, although I hardly think that will be a concern. I just want you to THINK. Read what I said, and THINK about it, with your brain.



This is not a time for "truthiness" to be ahead. Colbert is right when he points out that today's media is all about the presentation, and never mind the content.



This should not be the case. The message should BE the presentation. The FACTS should outweigh the opinions. Always.



I have tried to present those facts. I hope I did a good job.





{*Edit to add: just a few minutes ago I took a look at the entry in passing, on my way to do some minor template shuffling in Blogger, and went "OMGWTF?!?" Because Blogger apparently changed my "<strong>" and "<em>" tags into "<span style="font-style:bold;">" and "<span style="font-style:italic;">" tags, which caused my post synopsis links ("<span class="fullpost"> </span>" ) to asplode, causing the article to eviscerate itself and completely obliterate several of my points, unless you actually read to the bottom and clicked the "Read more" link, which since it posted what looked like the whole thing on the front page, no-one had any reason to do. This is now fixed, and everything looks like I wanted it to. So, if you read it before I posted this edit, please take a second look - there really was more there, I promise. It's fixed now.*}