Tuesday, August 01, 2006

OK, 360, KNOCK THAT SHIT OFF!!

Five attempts it took me to post the previous entry.



Why?



Because Yahoo 360 CANNOT post your comments without changing your HTML, seemingly at random.



The first time, it turned every sentence in the second half of the post into a link, by cloning the last link in the document approximately 25 times.



The second, it turned everything in the post italic.



The third, I actually pulled the HTML for the entire article out, put it in Notepad, erased all formatting - <center>, <em>, <strong>, <blockquote>... and all links, and put them back by hand. 360 immediately erased half of my line breaks and turned several <strong> tags on separate lines into one big long block of bold text, and also reinserted the bogus links.



The fourth attempt, I rewrote the entire article from scratch in Notepad, deleted the 360 blog entry again, and pasted directly into the HTML view. It worked! Until I noticed that I had forgotten to highlight the post, and went back to edit. As soon as I clicked "edit," the links, bad formatting, and general fuckery came right back.



Deleted it again. On the fifth try, I copied and pasted, remembered to higlight, and everything worked.



I was gonna highlight the Tucker post, too, but after this experience I don't think I will.