Thursday, September 28, 2006

So, Off We Went To The Doctor...

...At a completely ungodly hour of the morning. This is because the OB-GYN was a 30 mile round trip to a town about whose geography we know squat.



I can find Wal-Mart, but that's about it.



Because I'm smart, I used MapQuest. Because I'm smarter, I ignored their idiotic directions and used their map to plot my own course. Why? I'll show you.



Here's the original directions from mapquest, zoomed out to see the towns:



Image

Here's the directions zoomed in to see the end streets:



Image

Here's the route I actually took:



Image

As you can see, my way was much simpler.



At any rate, we had more trouble finding parking than we had finding the doctor. We got there, waaaaaaay too early, but better early than late; filled out forms, and sat.



Finally, the doc's aide drags us back to the stirrup room. All you women can cringe now. Tara got herself set up on the Chair Of Doom, conveniently covered by a Skinny Person Sheet, and we waited some more.



I finally went out and put more money in the parking meter.



When I got back, the doc was there, and just getting ready for the exam. This is when I uttered a line that no doubt Tara will never let me forget, but it was too goddamn funny, I couldn't resist.



The doc pulled up a swiveling gooseneck lamp, aimed so he could see, and I said "I knew it! THEY DO USE A MINING LIGHT!"



Tara said "DAVID!!"



The doc looked at me like I was insane. But it was still funny.



Anyway, the exam done, all is good, the doc waves me over and does his thing with the ultrasound camera, and we see:



Image

Our baby. James Mack or Danica Marie, we don't get to find out which for 9 more weeks.



Image

Now with sarcastic commentary goodness!



Anyway, she's due on or about April 19th. This is only 3 days off from my little brother's birthday, so we're hoping she can hold on a bit long. If we try REALLY hard we might manage a Taurus.



Anyway, there's our baby. When Tara no doubt blogs her girly version of events, I will cross-link so you can see what she had to say. [*Edited to add linkage, see?]