Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Last, Really, I Mean It, I Promise, 9/11 Entry.

...Which I only make because there's a new video available.



Recorded - with a REALLY SERIOUSLY BITCHIN' CAMERA, might I add - from a 36th floor apartment about 600 yards away.



Fair warning. This video starts immediately after the first plane hit, and runs through the astonishingly quick emergency services response, the second plane, the collapse of the first building, and on for a bit after that. It is quite disturbing. If you are easily reduced to tears by the though of what happened, DO. NOT. START. THIS. VIDEO.



There's also the fact that it's huge - 71 MB. If you're on dial-up, seeya later, alligator.



For some reason, it's encoded in Quicktime, so of course embedding it won't work; I tried several different ways. Best I could do was a video thumbnail.



Image


Anyway, here's the site that's currently hosting it, if you want to download it in case it gets pulled. I did. Someone ought to have copies of this stuff, so when people lie about it later, there's actual evidence.



I just want to say: never forget. Ever.