Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Because I Keep My Promises...

OK.

So, bowing to a request from the peanut gallery, I am here to tell you a bit about someone.

I have a co-worker and good friend named Tammy.

Tammy has a quote on my front page.

So does her daughter, Katie.

This is Katie.

I can't think of another snarky tweenager who DOES have a quote on my page, mostly because I find the overwhelming majority of tweenagers irritating.

But Katie's actually funny, a feat not often matched by people in that age group.

Or, hell, by people in MY age group.

And since she reads my blog - one of those silent readers who can never be bothered to leave an actual COMMENT, mind you - she started pestering me today on her mom's messenger account.

Tammy: can u put me in ur next blog?
Tammy: pls?!!!
Xeno: ok, when I do my next blog after this one I will blog about you, goofy child
Tammy: awesome!

So, right. What the hell do you say about a snarky 12-year-old?

...Why not ask?

Xeno: ...yeah, what do you want me to say?
Tammy: im reading ur latest one
Tammy: how im just dripping with sarcasm, or the fact that im smarter than ur average teenybopper
Tammy: lol
Xeno: LOL
Tammy: or how much i brag
Xeno: HAHAHA

OK, well, considering the whole reason she got a quote into my list was the sarcasm, I'd give her that one.

And she is pretty smart; she reads my blog, and I never have to tell her what any of my polysyllabic linguistic constructions mean, so she must be doing something right.

But she does brag a good bit. (At least she's honest about it. Truth in advertising!)

And she wants to take over the world.

One time, her mom tried to warn her about The Dangers Of Boys And How You Can Get In Trouble With Them.

Katie replied: "Oh, mom, like I'd put world domination on hold for THAT. As IF."

That rocks.

So, there you are: a blog about a snarky tweenager, who will probably squee and show all her friends this page, now.

Are ya happy? NOW are you gonna quit bugging me?

...grumblegrumble200smileyladenIMsadayIASKYOUsnarlgrumblegrouch...

0 Comments: