Friday, March 10, 2006

Oh, Galactica, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me...

UNTIL FUCKING OCTOBER?!?



ARRRRRRGH!!!



No, it's not out of my system, but I will calm down eventually.

For those of you who either don't watch the show, or missed the season finale, the end of Season 2 seemed very rushed - the last several episodes (16-20) have featured time jumps as long as a YEAR in the timeline between episodes, which means that Season 3, at least 3.1, will be largely populated with flashback episodes.

I realize that LOST has made the format popular, but I stopped watching LOST when I realized that no matter what develops on the island, they are never gonna get past "life before the crash." I'd really appreciate it, oh mighty SF gods, if you'd get back to the more linear episode format from Season 1.

I don't want to give away anything to anyone who missed it,  so I will give a short, spoiler-free review of the Season 2 finale: "Lay Down Your Burdens," in list format. Ready? Good.

  1. Starbuck is hot with long hair.
  2. A nuke looks like it would HURT.
  3. Goddamn, Helo, give up already.
  4. Being as I have more than a passing familiarity with pneumonia, I will vouch for the fact that it SUCKS.
  5. I had no idea Dualla was that vindictive.
  6. Baltar, you friggin' pimp.
  7. Nice 'stache, Admiral.
  8. Ok, 6 is... 6, Sharon is 8, Lucy Lawless is 9, the new one is... what? WTF didn't they tell us his number?
  9. That's a LOT of base stars.
       and finally, 10. OMGWTF.



This has been a spoiler-free review of the Galactica Season 2 finale.

My thumbs will be very, very tired from the endless twiddling by the time October rolls around.