Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh, My God.

OK, For not quite three years, I have been a player of Guild Wars, an online game.


Blah, blah. It has a lot of really great features that you guys don't most likely give a damn about.

But the thing is, it IS limited in some fairly important ways.

So, there's been talk of a sequel, and the company - Arenanet - that makes the game, has been very, very closemouthed indeed about Guild Wars 2, other than to say that they're working on it.

And then they post this:


I have fucking goosebumps.

Multiple playable races, cross-server PVP, a persistent world using instancing for specific encounters (finally; I love the way GW instanced stuff, but I would have liked a bit more of a persistent world there. This might hit the right balance,) a vastly improved skill system, an event-driven questing system, real player-environment interactivity...

And there's still no subscription fee.

I have fucking goosebumps.

Go ahead and mock my gamergeekiness now. I don't care, because in a year I will be playing this.