Monday, December 04, 2006

Yet Another Doubleheader, Part 2

You all know how much I love blatant hypocrisy on the part of anyone.



Really. I do.



This particular example, though, is a bit much even for me; I had a tough time believing that this was a serious news story, but apparently it is.



San Francisco State University's Associated Students group has passed a resolution banning flag burning.



You're thinking "HUH!?!"



But just wait.



It's not the U. S. flag they're worried about.



It's the HAMAS and Hezbollah flags they're concerned with. See, desecrating the U. S. flag is "protected free political expression," while desecrating the flags of known and acknowledged terrorist groups is "hateful religious intolerance" which is not ok, at all.



I'm not sure how supporting known terrorist groups is supposed to NOT be offensive to the huge, overwhelming majority of Americans, but somehow, it's ok.



I'm not sure how desecrating the United States flag is supposed to NOT be offensive to the huge, overwhelming majority of Americans, but somehow, it's ok.



Some days I wonder why we persist as a nation at letting the fucktards rule us all.