Monday, June 22, 2009

So, Happy Father's Day, Dad!

My son, the other night, (Friday)got away from his mom, and speared my computer's power button with a chubby finger.

Somehow, this process killed my video card and corrupted my hard drive. I have had to reinstall windows, only to find out that no matter which driver I use for my video card, the instant I install it, my computer dies irretrievably.

So, since an extra $100 for a passable replacement isn't in the cards, here I am, borrowing Tara's machine for a few minutes a day.

Interestingly enough, the computer that got irretrievably killed, is a pre-built Compaq we bought brand-new a year ago.

The computer we have that still works, of course, is the Frankenbox computer I assembled myself in 2002. It not only still works, it runs basically trouble-free.

I fucking KNEW I should have built my own again.