Friday, September 12, 2008

"Ew."

Sometimes, in raising a child, you find that the child themselves will tell you that it's time to move things right along.

This Sunday was an example of this.

It was a pretty lazy afternoon, after a long week and a busy weekend, so I decided to take a nap. I put the boy in the crib, in the living room, so he could watch a movie without getting into trouble, started up Howl's Moving Castle in the DVD player, and dropped off to snooze on the couch.

I woke some amount of time later - the movie was still on, so not that long - to hear "Dada! Dada! Dada! Dada! Dada! Dada!"

I get up, go to the crib, and find that the boy is standing there with a huge grin, naked from the waist down.

...I know he HAD a diaper...

"Dada! Ew!" He points.

I look.

The boy, not wanting to stay in a wet diaper, took it off, and threw it on the floor outside the crib.

So, what you're trying to tell me is, time for training pants, right?

0 Comments: