Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Couple Of Video Treats And A Personal Note

First, here's Senator Barack Obama talking to ABC's George Stephanopoulos about... well, you'll see what he calls himself.

Second, here's an Iraq War Veteran explaining why all of you should vote for Senator McCain.
Now, that stuff all said, a personal note.

As is the case once every six months or so, our computers have gotten infected with some kind of horrifying browser-hijacking trojan spyware Bad Shit. 

Now, my usual response to this is to burn off the stuff we want to keep onto DVDs for backup, and simply format the drives and reinstall Windows; in my experience this is usually faster, less annoying, and far more effective than even the best of the anti-spyware / antivirus tools available, most of which will gleefully report "you computer is now clean!" while you still can't go to webpages.

So, this offered a golden opportunity. See, Google just released their new web browser - called Chrome - and so I got my hands on a copy of it.

Earlier today, I was unable to even load the Multiply page.

But Chrome pretty much - at least thus far - has given the finger to whatever the Bad Shit on the computer is, and is able to access the web freely.

Not to mention, it features all the features I like from Opera, combined with most of the features I like from Firefox.

Now, this is merely a first impression, and I've no doubt, grouchy bastard that I am, that I will come up with something to complain about in the upcoming days, as I monkey with it more thoroughly; but my first impression is that this is a great, great product.