Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Years' Treat (Now Updated With More Boozy Goodness)

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Other
For those of who who are teetotalers, this post will not have anything for you really to enjoy.

Right.

It's New Years', traditionally a "get blitzed" holiday, at least in my house.

So, because my coolness truly knows no bounds, I will share with you one of my favorite drink recipes; a twist on a lesser-known recipe called "Cinnamon Toast."

First, get some of the pre-mixed "pumpkin pie spice." Or mix your own; it's cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.

For each 8 ounce mug:

3 1/2 ounces Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum (specifically; it's worth it.)
6 ounces hot apple cider
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp honey

Serve hot.

I can't call it Cinnamon Toast, because of the ginger and nutmeg, and it's made from friggin' apple cider.

So I'll call it Xenocider.

The irony.

Oh, the horrible, tragic irony.

At any rate, trust me, it's a good way to start off the year.