Monday, June 18, 2007

I Just Have To Make A Note.

OK.

I don't watch Britain's Got Talent.

But I may start. They actually had a deserving winner this year.

I'm getting ahead of myself.

Back at the beginning of the season, there was one contestant they frankly didn't expect much from; a gentleman of such unassuming appearance and quiet demeanor that they really just wanted to get his first round over with, so he could go back to his quiet life.

Paul Potts wasn't having any of that.

He walked up on stage, and announced he was there to sing opera.

My friend Julia pretty much nailed it. They made "Oh Noes" faces, and then got shocked by the wowness.

Take a look.

Now, that's just damned impressive, man. I mean really.

But it gets better.

See, Mr. Potts got to the semifinals:

Dude. That's amazing, man.

But wait. It gets better.

Paul Potts just won Britain's Got Talent.

Congratulations, man. You deserve it, and I hope you do well.