Tuesday, February 20, 2007

ITP: I Return The Favor.

You may not know what I'm talking about.

Yesterday, when I got home, my status changed to "I AM HOME FROM BEING OMGWTFBBQPWNED BY MY JOB."

Yeah.

Today I returned the favor.

I have been promoted. I am now making more money, have better hours and an easier job, and I've only been there three weeks.

Several people on the job with me, noticing the fact that I work like a mule, have told me "dude, chill, or they'll heap extra work on you."

...Or, they might promote me ahead of the rest of you slackers.

My boss said "You need to know, though, that you'll have to have good attendance."

I said "You don't pay me if I'm not here."

He said "Sounds like you're our guy."

You know, sometimes the judicious application of brute force is the best solution to a problem. Like, for example, when you just plain out-work all your coworkers, just to make a point. Sure, your back may hurt, but for the next few months I will have to adjust to the tilt in my walk that comes from my wallet weighing like 3 pounds from all the extra money I'm now making.

Somehow, that makes up for having to buy some Mineral Ice for the first two weeks, wouldn't you say?