Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Am Right Again, As Usual.

I have ranted several times in people's comments - notably Shadowwarrior's - about the various means BP could be using to clean up the spill, while they try to stop the flow without caving in the seafloor and freeing the entire 11 billion barrel deposit into the ocean. (That would be bad.)


One of the things I said was that maybe they should try Kevin Costner's Ocean Therapy machine.

Yo, my win-loss percentage is going up steadily, y'all.

BP bought and tested 32 of them and they are now building barges to filter the oil out of the seawater; they are currently estimating 128,000 barrels per day in cleaning capacity.

That's awesome.

Of course, it would have been more awesome if they had started on that project in, say, late April after the rig sank, but hey.

At any rate, here ya go:




Bringing the awesome.

Hey, Kev, I officially forgive you for The Postman.