Sunday, April 13, 2008

Because This Just Pisses Me Off, Part Two Of Two:

In Maine, in a few weeks, it may become a Class C FELONY to LOOK AT a child in a public place.

Yeah, you read that right. Apparently, cops got tired of telling people to move along, if they were hanging out by the bathrroms at a public beach and eyeballing the people going in and out; clearly, that makes them sexual predators, so they're trying to pass a law to make it illegal to look at children in public; specifically, "visual sexual aggression towards a minor."

I don't even know what "visual sexual aggression" IS. Can my FRIGGING EYEBALLS rape a woman, even from twenty yards away?

Maybe I'm just an idiot. But if you're in a public place, guess what? You don't HAVE a "reasonable expectation of privacy," because you're not IN fucking "private," thus the term "PUBLIC PLACE."

But, ok.

If there's even a smidgen of a chance that I might get arrested, have a felony attached to my name for the rest of my life, and be permanently registered as a sex offender, because movement attracted my eye and I turned my head in the direction of your precious snowflake, you know what?

KEEP THE LITTLE FUCKERS AT HOME.

If you expect your kids to be like Jennifer Lopez, Ms. "Avert your eyes so I am not contaminated by your gaze," then you have no right to BE in a public place.

Because a public place is there for EVERYONE to use. Not just you. Not just your kids. And sadly, the reality is that unless you can walk around with your eyes closed 100% of the time, you have to put them somewhere; in other words, 100% of the time you're out in public, you're looking at something. Unless you are a very unusual person indeed, you're most likely looking at other people.

If looking at other people is a "loophole in the law," and should be considered "visual sexual aggression," then GO THE FUCK HOME AND STAY THERE.

Then I can go to the park, and look at some fucking trees and shit, without worrying about getting arrested because you let your precious snowflake trample across my field of view.

...None of this, of course, mentions the biggest cause of creepy people lurking near bathrooms on the beach and leering at minors: the gigantically oversexualized "bathing suits" they sell for minors to wear.

I will make no apologies for my opinion that there is no excuse for a 10-year-old girl to be wearing a string bikini. Fuck you. Just like adults, if you dress up your kids like hookers, they're far more likely to get treated that way - only for them, it will be YOUR FAULT AS A PARENT, because they're NOT ADULTS.

Making it illegal to look at your kids when you tart them up and try to whore them out, doesn't make it less your fault. It just makes you twice - hell, ten times - the asshole I already thought you were.

0 Comments: