Thursday, September 27, 2007

See, I Told You So; Election Predictions Coming True, Part 1 of 10.

Mkay, you may remember - it was only a few posts ago - that I made a series of predictions about the upcoming presidential campaigns, the election results, and current events surrounding the elections.

I promised two things: to back myself up with hard figures, and to report when my predictions start coming true.

Well, it's starting already.

Prediction #5:

"5. Regardless of who is elected, regardless of party, regardless of publically announced sentiment, or position, or support - or lack thereof - for the war in Iraq; the United States will not pull out the bulk of our troops from Iraq in the next 3 years. REMEMBER I SAID THIS. Especially after the election. Watch as all the pre-election rhetoric turns into so much hot air, and vanishes."

Right.

Still remembering I said that?

Good. Now, check this story out.

Yeah, the headline is right: "Even if Democrats win White House, troops likely to remain in Iraq."

That's right: less than a month after I said the troops weren't going anywhere, and that the "bring 'em home" rhetoric would dry up and blow away, comes the first report that I was right, and the troops aren't going anywhere.

I'm not glad I'm right; but I am glad to be able to expose for you the corruption, duplicity, arrogant disregard for the voters, and general malfeasance of our leaders, in such clear fashion.