Friday, February 14, 2014

So I Got A Facebook Post, A Tumblr Photoset, And A Pancake IOU.

Right back atcha, sweetheart.

It's Valentine's Day, which is a celebration of the love you have for your partner in life.

I have a lot to celebrate.

Lovely wife is the most fun person I've ever known.

But I am not to be upstaged by a Tumblr post, y'all.

I've been at this a while.

So I have some stuff to share with you, about my lovely wife.

First, she's easily frightened.


This doesn't mean she's not tough.

On the contrary, she's one of the toughest people I know. No matter what kind of stress or trauma the world offers her, she cries - for like, five seconds - then wipes up and solves the problem. (Unless it's computers or cars. Then it's "this is a boy thing. Fix it, you.")

She's weirdly intense when it comes to games. Certain games. I never know which ones are going to hit her just right, but BOY she can get focused. Goal-oriented. I mean, I can too, but...

Well, shit, who am I kidding, we're right alike.


She's as geeky as I am, just in different ways. She goes full-on fangirl for things, and I am a terrible fan, and lazy about, well, everything I like except gaming.

Gaming, now...

Any game.

Bowling.


Now that's a crew.

And she meets all my friends, and for the entire day prior twitches. "What if I don't like them?" "What if they don't like me?" "Why do we have to go meet people?" "I don't know what I'm going to say. What if I say something stupid?"

And then my friends all love her, too, because even if she's shy, she's awesome.

She puts up with me.

This is not to be underestimated; you all know me, and you know I'm pretty wonky. 

So the fact that she put up with me when I turned a trip to the State Fair into a Mystic Vision Quest To Find Bacon...


...And when I had a staring contest with a horse... (I won, by the way.)


...When I carry her nephews around like the wiggly bags of lumpy potatoes they are...


When she drags me to a Wizard Rock concert (it's a thing, y'all) and I get drunk because "Hey, this band's actually good after four or five of these!"...


...And feeds me cake, by a lake...


She's the right one.

Maybe not the perfect one. But neither am I. And really, how many of you are as lucky as me?



Not very many, is the correct answer. No sir.

When you have moments like, "I need my notes because I can't remember what to say." "So get them?" "I DON'T HAVE ANY POCKETS!" 


Everyone there broke up laughing watching her try to fish her notes out of her dress as they tried to escape.

You guys have no idea. You see my posts about our conversations, and we get a lot of "you guys are so cute!"

No idea at all. Even Buzz Lightyear thinks we were meant to be.


For the record Stitch tried to steal her ring and run away.

But seriously.

My lovely wife brightens my life. She makes every moment better.

This is my wife.


She's got a "we are wizards" shirt. Fuck yeah we are. Because we can be.

Happy Valentine's Day, baby.