Monday, December 07, 2009

Nothing To See Here, Citizen, Move Along...

...Is the message handed out by the news networks in response to allegations of data-tampering leveled against several of the scientists of the IPCC.


How so, you may ask?

Easy. They haven't even mentioned it on their crucial morning and evening news shows...

...For fourteen days.

CBS reported about it, on a show they knew in advance would be pre-empted by football. I so wish I was kidding.

But you know what I'm gonna say.

I never kid.™

OK, some of you might be wondering what I'm yammering about THIS time. So I'll tell you.

A couple of weeks ago, some emails were revealed - from such luminaries as the oft-debunked and much decried James Hansen, and the infamous Michael Mann (of the Mann hockey stick) - which detail a scheme to falsify data about global temperature averages in order to make it support the theory of global warming.

Then they were verified as authentic.




The British Met Office is re-examining 160 years of climate data thanks to the scandal.

Jon Stewart made maybe the single funniest comment I've heard about the situation thus far: "Poor Al Gore - Global warming has been debunked by the very internet you invented!"

Right.

But, once again, I can debunk Global Warming, so very, very easily.

It snowed the other day, in Houston, Texas.

It was the earliest recorded snowfall EVER in that fine city.

Because, you see, global warming - the process of the world's temperature becoming HOTTER - clearly results in snowfall. In Houston.

Nothing more to see here, citizen, move along.