Monday, June 28, 2004

Oh boy, here we go.

First off: Xeno, also known as "Zeno" was a Greek philosopher and mathematician from Elea, born sometime between 495 and 480 B.C. He is famous for proposing "paradoxes" to challenge what were then considered mathematical truisms. He wrote nearly forty original paradoxes, of which only eight have survived. His most famous are the Dichotomy, the Achilles, the Arrow, and the Stadium. More information than you could possibly want to know about him can be found here.

Thus the name. Since most things in my life right now are Catch-22's of some sort, or just outright paradoxical, it seemed an appropriate name.

My fiancee has an online journal, in which she rants about all the things that stink for us right now. Although I admit that if I have a bad day, it'll likely spill over, I'm going to try to focus instead on other things.


0 Comments: